What is Uptime and how does it help?
It’s a hazard intelligence solution, designed to help organisations visualise, map, and safeguard against the environmental hazards facing their processes and assets. It brings together historical, real-time and predictive data sets modelled to 2030, to provide a complete view of what has happened, is happening, and is likely to happen at any defined asset site or location.
Who is Uptime for?
It’s for multinationals, property owners, insurance companies and investors worldwide to better respond to risks and unforeseen events, and to improve their business continuity. Uptime helps Supply Chain Managers, Risk Managers, Business Continuity Managers, Asset Managers, C-level executives and professionals in similar roles that are critical to minimising downtime and enhancing business continuity and resilience.
How does it work and how much time is needed to be up and running?
Uptime is designed to be intuitive, easy to operate, to mitigate risk and minimise downtime. Upload your entire portfolio of assets with one click and you’ll instantly be connected to follow any of the four core Uptime pathways:
- Exposure to Hazards: explore the map to identify which hazards occur in the selected areas or the location exposure of your assets for a selection of return periods.
- Vulnerability and Risk Index: assess your portfolio’s vulnerability through benchmarks and checklists on location, facility or individual asset levels. Assess risk in various perspectives (economic, reputational etc.).
- Future Scenario Planning: view predicted future asset exposure and risk using Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) based trends.
- Real-time Monitoring and Alerting: based on (near) real-time monitoring and model-based forecasting. Receive alerts ‘if and when’ thresholds are exceeded for selected locations, facilities and assets.
What are the main benefits for me as a customer in using Uptime?
- Minimise business disruptions and economic losses.
- Reduce insurance and/or business loans.
- Identify and exploit weather related opportunities.
- Perform due diligence for new locations/markets.
Uptime informs you about what COULD happen, what IS happening and what WILL happen.
How come I only just heard about Uptime?
Royal HaskoningDHV Digital launched Uptime on 1st October 2020 following extensive development work by hazard, asset and risk experts. Throughout the development the software team has been working with potential customers across diverse industries, and applying Royal HaskoningDHV’s 138 years of asset and engineering experience to give users a complete view of asset vulnerability. This co-creation approach has helped us to understand the real challenges faced by organisations across the world and ensure customer satisfaction.
Our ethos is still very much to continue this collaborative approach with customers to ensure it continues to meet their needs.
What hazards do you cover?
- Floods (rain, river and sea)
- Heat and drought stress
- Snowfall and severe cold
- Air quality
- Subsidence (limited at present, but we will extend this)
We will add during the coming months:
- Subsidence (Extension of current coverage)
NB currently we include one type of hazard
e.g. water depth in the case of flooding and not water speed, or the maximum temperature for x days over a certain threshold or the maximum difference between the highest and lowest temperatures per day, as examples). Other types of analysis have been carried out and these data sets can already be provided on a case by case basis. In the near future we will provide all data sets, plus customers will be able to select the most appropriate parameter selections.
We will be adding other extreme events and environmental data over the coming months, including but not limited to some of the following:
- Coastal erosion
- Climate Change
- Wind speed
- Rain precipitation rate
…and many more global, granular, weather-related hazard datasets.
Will I need training?
We hope you will agree that Uptime is easy-to-operate and understand. Our customer support team is available to help you with any queries you may have and can arrange demos when we will walk you through the steps to fully utilising Uptime’s hazard intelligence functions. Online tutorials and guided tours are also available.
Can I add my clients’ locations as well as my own?
At any time, if you would like to see your supply chain assets as well as your own you may choose to opt-in to our supply chain add-on service . This service also allows you to add the locations of your suppliers and your most important clients.
What’s the minimum number of assets I can upload to Uptime and is there a limit?
The number of assets that can be uploaded is limitless, from one to many.
Can my colleagues have access too?
You may add additional subscribers from your organisation who will then be enabled to use Uptime.
Can I trial Uptime to see if it’s right for my business?
We invite you to take a trial of Uptime for five business days to see for yourself how it works and can help your business.